WHG Warranty Policy
Wholesale Horticultural Group Pty Ltd (ACN 40 634 375 394) of 3 Legacy Road, Epping, Victoria, 3076 (WHG) provides the following warranty (Warranty) in relation to its Goods (Goods).
WHG warrants that, subject to the terms of this Warranty and the exclusions and limitations listed below, the Goods will be free from defects for a period of 1 Year from the date the Goods were supplied (Warranty Period).
If, before the end of the Warranty Period, a defect appears in the Goods and WHG finds the Goods to be defective, WHG will, in its sole discretion, either:
- refund the cost of the relevant Goods; or
- replace or repair the relevant Goods or the defective part of the Goods free of charge; or
- cause the Goods or the defective part of the Goods to be replaced or repaired free of charge.
WHG reserves the right to replace defective parts of the relevant Goods with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
When purchased from WHG, the following manufacturers offer an extended Warranty Period:
- Gavita 3 years (excluding lamps)
- HyperFan 2 years.
- Pro Grow LED 100W, 200W, 300W & 500W – 3 years
Where a specific Warranty Period is not stated, the Warranty Period on all Goods is 1 year from the date of purchase (limited to manufacturing faults only).
This Warranty does not apply to the following excluded items and circumstances:
(a) WHG (or the relevant manufacturer) cannot establish any fault or defect in the Goods after inspection and testing;
(b) The alleged damage or defect has arisen due to a failure to follow the transport, storage, use, installation, maintenance or application instructions, plans, programs, schedules or regulations relevant to the Goods;
(c) The alleged damage or defect is within acceptable industry variances and tolerances;
(d) The alleged damage or defect is caused by normal wear and tear;
(e) The Goods have been used other than for the purpose for which they were designed;
(f) Damage or failure caused by natural disasters, such as floods, earthquakes, or lightning strikes; and
(g) Unauthorised repairs or modifications. If the Goods have been repaired or modified by someone other than an authorised service provider, Warranty claims for such aspects will be excluded.
WHG endeavours to supply quality Goods with low return rates. In the event of a suspected fault or failure with the Goods, a WHG warranty request form is to be completed by the retailer and returned to the WHG sales representative or customer service manager prior to returning any Goods to WHG.
Your WHG sales representative or customer service manager will guide you through any fault-finding procedure or known remedy. Some manufacturers allow WHG to settle Warranty claims in-store via your retailer, while others insist on the relevant Goods being returned to WHG (or the relevant manufacturer) for Warranty inspection.
The Warranty claim procedure is as follows:
- If a defect covered by Warranty appears, please first contact your retailer, who will complete the WHG warranty request form.
- If required, WHG’s direct contact details for Warranty support are as follows:
- via WHG warranty form found at www.whg.net.au/warranty-returns-policy/ or
- by telephone on (03) 9335 3310; or
- by email at email@example.com.
- Any Warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- Your / your Company Name
- Contact Person
- Contact Email
- Contact Number
- Serial Number (if applicable)
- Batch No. (if applicable)
- Purchase Date
- WHG Invoice Number
- Description of Fault
- Photo of Goods or Serial No.
- Proof of purchase (This proof of purchase information will be used by WHG to determine if the Goods were supplied by WHG and are still within in applicable Warranty Period); and
- any other relevant documents.
- You must allow WHG or its authorised retailer or agent to inspect and test the Goods. If that inspection and testing finds no defect in the Goods, then (unless prohibited by law) you must pay WHG’s usual service and testing costs.
- Unless prohibited by law, you must pay the cost of transporting the Goods to and from WHG or WHG’s authorised retailer or agent, and any related insurance cost, and any other costs associated with making the Warranty claim.
While all efforts are made to process Warranty claims in a timely manner, please allow 7 days for resolution of your Warranty claim, assuming all the requested information has been provided.
WHG staff will inform you if the Goods are to be returned or the next course of action.
WHG makes no express warranties or representations other than as set out in this document.
This Warranty is available to and for the benefit of original retail purchaser of the Goods. This Warranty cannot be assigned or transferred to, or used by, any other party.
WHG will not be liable to you or any other person in connection with this Warranty:
(a) for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or costs incurred or suffered by you or any other person; and/or
(b) for any damage to property, loss of turnover, loss of profits, loss of business or loss of good will.
WHG’s liability under this Warranty is limited to the remedies set out above.
Please note that the benefits of this Warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this Warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting, or modifying any State or Federal Legislation applicable to the supply of goods which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Australian Consumer Law
If you are a “consumer” as defined under the Australian Consumer Law, WHG confirms the following:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Wholesale Horticultural Group Pty Ltd
3 Legacy Road, Epping, Victoria, 3076
Telephone: (03) 9335 3310