WHG Warranty Policy PDF Version
Under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), when you buy products and services, they come with automatic guarantees that they will work and do what you asked for. If you buy something that isn’t right, you have consumer rights.
Businesses must guarantee products and services they sell, hire or lease for:
- under $40,000
- over $40,000 that are normally bought for personal or household use.
For goods or services supplied from 1 July 2021, the threshold amount will increase to $100,000.
Businesses must provide these automatic guarantees regardless of any other warranties they give to you or sell you.
Exceptions to guarantees:
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product.
- asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted.
Rights to a repair, replacement, refund, cancellation, or compensation do not apply to items:
- worth more than $40,000 purely for business use, such as machinery or farming equipment.
- you plan to on-sell or change so that you can re-supply as a business.
- bought as a one-off from a private seller but you do have rights to full title, undisturbed possession and no unknown debts or extra charges.
- bought at auction where the auctioneer acted as an agent for the owner, but you do have rights to full title, undisturbed possession and no unknown debts or extra charges.
- where the contract is to store or transport goods as part of business activities.
WHG endeavours to supply quality products with low return rates. In the event of product fault or failure, a WHG warranty request form is to be completed by the retailer and returned to your WHG sales representative or customer service manager prior to returning any goods to WHG.
Please provide the following details:
- Company Name
- Contact Person
- Contact Email
- Contact Number
- Serial Number (if applicable)
- Batch No. (if applicable)
- Purchase Date
- WHG Invoice Number
- Description of Fault
- Photo of item or Serial No.
This proof of purchase information will be used by WHG staff to determine if the item was sold to you by WHG and is still in the warranty period.
Your WHG sales representative or customer service manager will guide you through any fault-finding procedure or known remedy. Some manufacturers allow us to settle warranty claims in-store, while others insist on the item being returned to WHG for warranty inspection.
When purchased from WHG the following manufacturer’s offer an extended warranty period:
- Gavita 3 years (excluding lamps)
- HyperFan 2 years.
- Pro Grow LED 100W, 200W, 300W & 500W – 3 Years
Where warranty period is not stated, the warranty period on all products is 1 year from date of purchase (limited to manufacturers faults only).
While all efforts are made to process warranty claims in a timely manner, please allow 7 days for resolution of your warranty claim, assuming all the requested information has been provided.
WHG staff will inform you if the goods are to be returned or the next course of action. While it is not WHG policy to pay freight on warranty returns, we may at our discretion offer to absorb the freight expenses in certain circumstances.